Top Do’s and Don’ts to Stage and Sell Your Home During the Holidays with HGTV Host Lisa Colalillo | Season 4 Episode 11
Hey guys, welcome back to the last episode of Season 4 and hello from Copenhagen. I caught a bug while I’ve been on a road trip in Scandinavia for the past couple weeks and now I’m finally feeling much back to my old self again. On today’s show, I’m interviewing Lisa Colalillo, who had been on the show before. For those of you who’re in the Canada listening, you may know her from the HGTV show Critical Listing. She’s also one of the top real estate agents in Toronto area. Today she’s back on the show to talk to us about selling your home during the holidays. Lisa also has some amazing numbers to share the differences between staging and not staging your house during the hot real estate market.
Before we get started, there’re a few big changes that’s coming up for Staged4more. We have decided to let go of our studio space within the next 6 months, so we’ll be having a studio sale of all of our home staging inventory later this year. This means EcoJoe will be moving as well. We’re currently have a super sale for EcoJoe, you can go on the website www.ecojoekits.com for more details.
We had some audio issues with this episode because Lisa’s schedule was pretty crazy. She called in from her parked car in between appointments for a listing she had. So the reception was the best that day and some parts of it may sound like we’re going through a Star Trek time warp.
If you want to help & support the show, there are 3 ways:
- Leave a review and ratings in iTunes
- Share the show on social media!
- Donate to support the hosting costs for the website and the podcast. You can make a donation through the show notes or on the sidebar of our site.
On Today’s Show, We Discussed:
- How motherhood has changed Lisa’s real estate business
- How Toronto’s real estate market is doing now
- What’s seller’s biggest mistake when the market is doing really hot
- Lisa’s thoughts on selling during the holidays
- What type of properties shouldn’t be staged and sold during the holidays
- What are some of the advantages about selling during the holidays?
- What are some of the disadvantages about selling during the holidays?
- Should sellers keep their homes on the market during the holidays, or are they better off waiting until after the New Year?
- What are some of the things home owners should be aware of if they sell during the holidays?
- Thoughts on holiday decoration?
- How to do holiday decoration without looking Christmas pukes all over it
- Some of Lisa’s suggestions for home owners looking to sell during the holidays that can help the sellers manage the stress level
- Does it make a difference to international buyers when it comes to when to buy a house?
- What’re some of the best times to sell a house?
- Listener question from Susan: I’m not an agent, but a stager. Would you advise sellers to pare down their holiday decorations to help distractions? Should they still put up their Christmas tree?
- Listener question from Jane: What about a home that sellers are living in, should it be fully decorated? Or is that too distracting for buyers. Also I m from Canada so December we have snow on the ground, how to have curb appeal with snow & ice? Thx!
- Lisa’s one tip to homeowners who are selling during the holidays
LISTEN TO TODAY'S SHOW
If you want to support the show and keep it going, you can do so by leaving a review and rating on iTunes, that will help other people to find our show. If you find the podcast helpful to your home sale and would like to donate a few bucks to help with the hosting of the show, there’s now a donation button on the blog sidebar to your right, you can donate $5 or more to help with costs associated with the show.