Successful Real Estate Investing with Felicia Bender | Season 4 Episode 2
On the show today, I have the good fortune to interview Felicia Bender, who’s a real estate investor, broker in Colorado, a numerologist, and a published author. We met last fall in Palm Springs through the Astro Twins. They are the astrologers who write the horoscopes for Elle and Refinery29. We were all on a women’s astrology retreat together, hanging out in Palm Springs last fall. You’ll hear us mentioning some of it on the later parts of the show. Anyway, Felicia is a very knowledgeable and experienced real estate investor. I also love how analytical and articulate she is. She really broke down the ideas into bite-size chunks that are easy to understand. I think you’ll get a lot out of our conversation today. So let’s start the show!
On Today’s Show, We Discussed:
- Real estate market in Colorado
- Seller’s Market v. Buyer’s Market
- Building in Boulder, Colorado
- Home staging in Colorado
- Believe it or not, the majority of buyers are not visual, so they cannot visualize how their furniture fit into the home.
- How home staging helps to sell investment properties
- 4 major & common blocks home sellers face during the selling process
- How to work with sellers who are emotional about their homes
- Why it’s important to learn how to read people better when you’re the real estate professional
- How to communicate with clients as real estate professionals
- Working with foreclosure homes
- Working with hoarders
- Working with curveballs in real estate
- Opportunities that agents see for sales price negotiations
- How to avoid the emotional back and forth between sellers and buyers during the sales transactions
- Why inspections is so important
- The house flipping process
- How to appeal to buyers
- Felicia’s go-to finishes and color scheme picks
- Why you don’t want to do a trendy house
- Felicia’s rule for ROI on her investment properties
- How important smell is in selling real estate
- Common mistakes home sellers make
- Some of the current trends in homes
- Why details are so important in real estate sales
- What are some of the consistent feedback that Felicia gets back from open houses and why you should pay attention to those things
- What is Numerology
- Life path number in Numerology
- The chart & numerology of a house
- Redesign your life with numerology
If you want to help & support the show, there are 3 ways:
- Leave a review and ratings in iTunes
- Share the show on social media!
- Donate to support the hosting costs for the website and the podcast. You can make a donation through the show notes or on the sidebar of our site.
LISTEN TO TODAY'S SHOW
If you want to support the show and keep it going, you can do so by leaving a review and rating on iTunes, that will help other people to find our show. If you find the podcast helpful to your home sale and would like to donate a few bucks to help with the hosting of the show, there’s now a donation button on the blog sidebar to your right, you can donate $5 or more to help with costs associated with the show.