Real Estate Investment & Money Strategies with Catherine Hawley, CFP | Season 4 Episode 3
Hey guys, welcome back to season 4 episode 3! We are kicking off a 3-part money series, which is something we really haven’t talked a lot about. I know we talked about budget on some of the show, but I also want to talk about the overall money picture for you. So to kick off, we have Catherine Hawley, a certified financial planner based in California on the show today to talk about how to plan your finances when it comes to real estate. I really love her sensible approach toward investing and planning for a rainy day.
On Today’s Show, We Discussed:
- What’s CFP?
- Financial planning for everyone
- How much money do you need to start investing
- Being debt averse
- How can you plan to buy a home on your current 5-figure salary?
- The American dream of owning a home
- What would a financial planner advise on selling a house
- Common bias of selling a home
- Advice for sellersIs real estate a great investment?
- Common pitfalls when it comes to managing expenses of owning a fall
- How to put money away to anticipate large expenses that may come with selling your home
- How to create a reserve to make sure you’re covered during a rainy day
- How to track your expenses effectively to observe your money patterns
- How to observe your money patterns
- How to save money for big expenses
- Mindful approach to your money
- Strategies to save moneyInvestment strategies for different age groups
- How to categorize your expenses properly
- How to aggregate data on your finances
- How can you achieve your financial goals, big and small
- How to create motivations to achieve your financial goals
- How to break down the process of achieving your financial goals
- How much risk is too much risk for investment?
- How can we learn more about investing?
- Money attitude amongst different generations
- Retirement saving strategies
CONNECT WITH CATHERINE
If you want to help & support the show, there are 3 ways:
- Leave a review and ratings in iTunes
- Share the show on social media!
- Donate to support the hosting costs for the website and the podcast. You can make a donation through the show notes or on the sidebar of our site.
LISTEN TO TODAY'S SHOW
If you want to support the show and keep it going, you can do so by leaving a review and rating on iTunes, that will help other people to find our show. If you find the podcast helpful to your home sale and would like to donate a few bucks to help with the hosting of the show, there’s now a donation button on the blog sidebar to your right, you can donate $5 or more to help with costs associated with the show.