Quick & Easy Fixes to Prep Your Yard for Sale
Original listing price: $729,000
Sold price: $760,000
SOLD OVERASKING: $31,000
Days on Market: 16
We get asked a lot about what to do when the yard needs a little bit of TLC before open house but the budget is tight. The above before and after photo is an example of what we had recommended our clients to get their home ready for market:
1. In this particular case, there was no budget to get new turf, so we recommended using bark as an affordable and quick (2 of our favorite words in the home staging business!) fixes that can still give off a good first impression.
2. There were some overgrown branches from the neighbor’s tree, so we suggested to a nice trim to make the yard look more manicured.
3. There were some extra debris left on the ground, so we recommended the home sellers to remove them to storage before the open house.
4. The sellers had a buddha statue in their yard. Because you never know what religious backgrounds the potential buyers may have, we recommended the sellers to remove the statue before open house.
5. We recommended a nice power wash for the paved area, as well as the fence. It made a huge difference! Now you can see the original colors of the stone.
6. & 7. The sellers used the remainder of their budget and invested in fresh flowers to add colors in the yard. It is summer after all! They also used leftover stones they had and made a flower pattern in the yard to add visual interest.