Project Home #20: Last weekend project ~ Clean out your junk drawer
Happy Friday! Welcome to your last weekend Project Home project!
This weekend, we’re going to tackle your junk drawer. This can be a drawer where you just chuck everything in, or it can be a storage space where you just shove everything in before guests arrive. It can be the attic, hall closets, the garage. I’d like you to pick one to start working on this weekend. Once you finish this particular one, then you can tackle the next.
First, dump EVERYTHING out.
Go through the stuff and look at all the items and ask these questions:
- Do I need this?
- What purpose does this serve?
- Does this item actually belong to another area in the home? If so, start a pile for each area. After you finish sorting everything out, then put the items away to their rightful places.
Before you organize and put everything back, look at the space:
- What needs to be organized?
- Are there items that can be donated or cleared out?
- Will you need any racking, storage bins, boxes, etc., to organize your items?
- How about lighting? If this is an area that you do work in, is the lighting appropriate?
- How about circulation/ air quality? Pay special attention to this, because a musty smell can be caused by mold.
The idea here is to create a space that gets your organized efficiently and quickly, so you won’t have another junk drawer to clean out in the near future.
Want A Cleaner & More Organized Home?
Show some love to your home this month by investing some elbow grease for a cleaner, more organized and refreshed home
Follow our 21 easy-to-do tasks (one email every weekday) to get your place back into shape to live or to start getting your home ready to sell.