Project Home #12: Styling the Nightstands
It’s not very obvious but nightstands are importance pieces of furniture in your bedroom, since they serve both functional and stylistic purposes. Not to mention if you have one on each side, it naturally helps to create balance in the room.
It is also a place where clutter and dust can naturally and easily accumulate. Today’s task focuses on removing unnecessary items and adding styling (and/or functional) pieces on your nightstands.
- Remove anything that’s collected dust or you haven’t used in the last 30 days.
- If you use your cell phone as your alarm clock, considering using an actual alarm clock. The health risk of cell phones are still murky, but one thing is certain, having a cell phone by your bed can impact your sleep quality negatively. For example, the blue light on the screen tells our brain that it isn’t time to sleep yet. By having your cell phone next to where you sleep, it’s easy to play with the phone right before you go to bed, which will affect the quality of your sleep negatively.
- Clean areas around your nightstands thoroughly, wipe off any dust bunnies.
- Add decorative accessories if needed. Here are some ideas for you:
- Fun accessories
- Decorative box
- Fresh flowers or greenery
Want A Cleaner & More Organized Home?
Show some love to your home this month by investing some elbow grease for a cleaner, more organized and refreshed home
Follow our 21 easy-to-do tasks (one email every weekday) to get your place back into shape to live or to start getting your home ready to sell.