Leverage Color Psychology to Successfully Stage Your Home for Sale with Top Australian Home Stager Tracey McLeod | The Home Staging Show S6.5
Hey guys, welcome back to season 6 episode 5! On today's episode, we have Tracey McLeod back to talk about color psychology and how to leverage that in staging your home for sale, and even picking the right colors for you to live in the home.
Just a few quick updates
We are in the process of selling everything in the warehouse. If you are in the bay area and would like to buy some furniture and home goods, go to staged4more.com/sale.
Our signature course, the 6-Figure Floor Plan is designed to be a business in a box, where I help you take out the kinks and guesswork out of building a profitable home staging business. We have one module a week for 6 weeks, you will also have opportunities to ask questions and get support in our weekly office hours and private community. You can also upgrade the program by adding on a coaching package where you will have additional support for your business after our course finishes.
In this jam-packed online course, we'll go over systems, contracts, pricing, proposals, inventory, marketing, technology and everything you'll need to start getting clients. I’m going to show you the behind the scenes of how I had built my home staging business from the ground up, including worksheets, systems, scripts and workflow that I’ve developed to build a booked solid home staging business. You will be able to see my pricing proposal, contracts and basically every template I’ve created and used in my 6-figure home staging business.
The course goes live on August 6 and the seats are limited, especially the coaching package. You can find out more information about course by going to staged4more.com/6-figure-floor-plan
Our show is brought to you by our in-house product, EcoJoe, the eco-friendly St Joseph statue home selling kit. In real estate, there’s a tradition to bury St Joseph statues for good luck. But because the existing products on the market were made with plastic, we made an eco-friendly named EcoJoe. He’s all natural, won’t harm the earth. We are currently having a 50% off sale. For more information, visit www.ecojoekits.com
This podcast is also brought to you by our Cash in the Cushions business courses for home stagers. If you are thinking about getting into the home staging business and not sure where to start, our Launcher program is designed for those who are thinking about venturing into the home staging industry. This 90-page workbook clarifies frequently asked questions about starting a home staging business, helps you navigate the waters of the marketplace so you can avoid the common slip-ups.
I developed the 6 Figure Floor Plan course to be a complete course to build a profitable home staging business. I was tired of seeing new home stagers left high and dry by these other courses that are really expensive and still not prepare the students for real life staging business problems.
Because of this podcast and the blog I write about on the business of home staging, I get asked the same basic questions over and over again that should already be covered by these expensive courses. SO! In this jam-packed online course for home stagers, we'll go over systems, contracts, pricing, proposals, inventory, marketing, technology and everything you'll need to start getting clients. I’m going to show you the behind the scenes of how I had built my home staging business from the ground up, including worksheets, systems, scripts and workflow that I’ve developed to build a booked solid home staging business. You will be able to see my pricing proposal, contracts and every template I’ve created and used in my 6-figure home staging business.
We are launching this course August 8, you can find out more information by going to our website staged4more.com/6-figure-floor-plan
On today’s show, we discussed:
- Why color psychology is so important when it comes to selling the house
- What is color psychology and how it impacts people
- Color is a universal language but we have different responses to colors, especially influenced by cultures
- Why red is a celebrated color in a lot of eastern cultures
- Differences between eastern and western decorative tastes
- How real estate professionals can misunderstand buyers’ decor preferences because of stereotypes
- How to stage your home to appeal to multiple cultures and still be on target for your demographics
- How to do research and understand who are you staging for
- Why it is so important to understand what the buyers want today
- Why following trends when you remodel the home can be dangerous and decrease your return on investment
- How colors can transcend language and culture barriers
- How people always pick the wrong white paint color
- Why 70% of Australians pick white for the wall colors
- How to pick colors to stage your colors for sale
- “The human factor”
- How Tracey picks colors for the house
- The psychology behind buying behaviors and how that impacts color selections
- How we leverage and create fall in love factor by using colors during home sales
- Colors for historical home
- How lights can influence the way colors look
- How to tell the undertone of a paint color
- How colors can be different for different generations and genders
- Universal colors that appeal to both males and females
- How to use red in your staging
- How to use green in the home for staging
- Neutral tones in colors
- How can homeowners avoid making mistakes in color selections
- Incorporating warm colors in staging
- Color psychology on Instagram
- How to balance the space through colors
- What are warmer tones
- what are cooler tones
- The source of colors
- The scale of colors
- Using color wheels in staging
- Trusting your own instincts when you are putting the room together
- Colors can trigger emotions
- Color palettes of cities and neighborhoods
- When you are staging your own home with very little or no budget
- Remember, it always comes down to the buyers when you are staging for sale
- Tracey’s one tip when you approach staging the home yourself
- The job of color palette
Tracey's Official Bio
Tracey McLeod is an internationally recognised Australian Home Stager, Founder of Presentation Sells and former President of the Queensland Interior Decorators Association (QIDA).
Drawing on her extensive experience in interior decorating, home staging and property styling, Tracey has helped hundreds of home sellers maximise their sale price from $20,000 extra on occupied home styling, and up to $360,000 for vacant home presentation across her local areas of Brisbane and on Australia’s Gold Coast.
As a leading advocate for home presentation, staging for sale and colour psychology, Tracey is often called on for commentary in the media, and has been featured in The Huffington Post, various News Limited publications, and Radio 4BC's Real Estate Talk, among others.
Known for her high energy, engaging style and generous approach to sharing her knowledge, Tracey is also a highly sought after speaker who inspires both national and international audiences and opens their eyes to the power that colour and design have in their lives and homes.
Tracey was also awarded the Housing Industry Association (HIA) Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Property Stylist of the Year for the second year running, Best of Houzz Service Award for four year in a row, and Runner Up in the 2016 Real Estate Staging Association® (RESA) Vacant Home Stager of The Year International.
Connect with Tracey
Tracey's New Projects
- Co-authoring an international home staging coffee table book. My topic is Colour Psychology for homes for sale. Due out mid-year.
- Starting a webinar series for home sellers based on the eCLASS System.
- Collaborating with Bobbie McGrath from Successful Staging. We are training Australian home stagers and real estate agents on how to use home staging for business success.www.presentationsells.com
If you want to help & support the show, there are 3 ways:
- Leave a review and ratings in iTunes
- Share the show on social media!
- Donate to support the hosting costs for the website and the podcast. You can make a donation through the show notes or on the sidebar of our site.
LISTEN TO TODAY'S SHOW
If you want to support the show and keep it going, you can do so by leaving a review and rating on iTunes, that will help other people to find our show. If you find the podcast helpful to your home sale and would like to donate a few bucks to help with the hosting of the show, there’s now a donation button on the blog sidebar to your right, you can donate $5 or more to help with costs associated with the show.