How New Home Stagers Can Build Thriving Home Staging Businesses | The Home Staging Show S6.4
Hey guys, welcome back to season 6 episode 4. I’m so excited to interview Tracey McLeod, an internationally recognized Australian Home Stager, Founder of Presentation Sells and former President of the Queensland Interior Decorators Association. Drawing on her extensive experience in interior decorating, home staging and property styling, Tracey has helped hundreds of home sellers maximize their sale price from $20,000 extra on occupied home styling and up to $360,000 for vacant home presentation across her local areas of Brisbane and on Australia’s Gold Coast.
She’s incredibly knowledgable about staging, color psychology and running a very successful home staging business. We originally had a whole interview planned on color psychology, but we actually spent a lot of time talking about building home staging businesses, so we are going to have a two-part episode. This particular one, most of it is on business building, real estate and a lot of business side of things, especially for those of you who are new to the home staging industry. Later on, in the interview, we start talking about color psychology. We will be airing the second part of the interview next week.
Just a few quick updates
We are in the process of selling everything in the warehouse. If you are in the bay area and would like to buy some furniture and home goods, go to staged4more.com/sale.
And as you know, our 6-Figure Floor Plan course is now pre-selling! And IT'S ENDING THIS WEEK! If you buy the course now, you will also get 3 one-on-one sessions with me, which is valued at $825. You also get $400 off the course, so that’s a total saving of $1,225 to you. That’s only available during the pre-sale. Once we sell out the limited spots, the price will go up.
Our show is brought to you by our in-house product, EcoJoe, the eco-friendly St Joseph statue home selling kit. In real estate, there’s a tradition to bury St Joseph statues for good luck. But because the existing products on the market were made with plastic, we made an eco-friendly named EcoJoe. He’s all natural, won’t harm the earth. We are currently having a 50% off sale. For more information, visit www.ecojoekits.com
This podcast is also brought to you by our Cash in the Cushions business courses for home stagers. If you are thinking about getting into the home staging business and not sure where to start, our Launcher program is designed for those who are thinking about venturing into the home staging industry. This 90-page workbook clarifies frequently asked questions about starting a home staging business, helps you navigate the waters of the marketplace so you can avoid the common slip-ups.
We are now doing a PRESALE for our 6-Figure Floor Plan course. I developed this course to be a complete course to build a profitable home staging business. I was tired of seeing new home stagers left high and dry by these other courses that are really expensive and still not prepare the students for real life staging business problems.
Because of this podcast and the blog I write about on the business of home staging, I get asked the same basic questions over and over again that should already be covered by these expensive courses. SO! In this jam-packed online course for home stagers, we'll go over systems, contracts, pricing, proposals, inventory, marketing, technology and everything you'll need to start getting clients. I’m going to show you the behind the scenes of how I had built my home staging business from the ground up, including worksheets, systems, scripts and workflow that I’ve developed to build a booked solid home staging business. You will be able to see my pricing proposal, contracts and every template I’ve created and used in my 6-figure home staging business.
We are launching this course August 8, you can find out more information by going to our website staged4more.com/6-figure-floor-plan
On today’s show, we discussed:
- Tracey’s background before real estate
- Working in real estate markets in Australia
- Educating real estate agents about home staging
- Marketing trends emerging in the Australia markets
- How real estate agents adjust to market trends
- How lifestyle programs are changing marketing trends and sellers’ perceptions
- How starter home market perceive staging differently than luxury market
- How home staging fits into the different markets
- How home staging is often misunderstood
- Issues in the current home staging education landscape
- Pricing for home staging services
- Mentorship for home stagers
- Photo styling vs. property styling
- Common misconceptions home sellers have when it comes to selling their house
- What home sellers can do when there’s no budget
- Having animals on the property while you are selling the home
- Tracey’s system of preparing and staging the home for sale
- How home sellers can research the market
- Why empathy is very important in a real estate professional
- As a business owner, what you need to know and understand about you and your business
- The liability issue for home seller, home stager and real estate agent
- How new home stagers can differentiate themselves in the market place
- How new home stagers can work with real estate agents
- Why it’s crucial for new home stagers to maintain and develop great working relationships with real estate agents
- Growth strategies for new home stagers
- Preparing for lean times as real estate home staging business owners
- Key hiring mistakes for home stagers
- The importance of color psychology
- The energetic characteristics of colors
- Color temperatures
- What is warm white
- The meaning of colors and how it impacts our perceptions
Tracey's Official Bio
Tracey McLeod is an internationally recognised Australian Home Stager, Founder of Presentation Sells and former President of the Queensland Interior Decorators Association (QIDA).
Drawing on her extensive experience in interior decorating, home staging and property styling, Tracey has helped hundreds of home sellers maximise their sale price from $20,000 extra on occupied home styling, and up to $360,000 for vacant home presentation across her local areas of Brisbane and on Australia’s Gold Coast.
As a leading advocate for home presentation, staging for sale and colour psychology, Tracey is often called on for commentary in the media, and has been featured in The Huffington Post, various News Limited publications, and Radio 4BC's Real Estate Talk, among others.
Known for her high energy, engaging style and generous approach to sharing her knowledge, Tracey is also a highly sought after speaker who inspires both national and international audiences and opens their eyes to the power that colour and design have in their lives and homes.
Tracey was also awarded the Housing Industry Association (HIA) Gold Coast/Northern Rivers Property Stylist of the Year for the second year running, Best of Houzz Service Award for four year in a row, and Runner Up in the 2016 Real Estate Staging Association® (RESA) Vacant Home Stager of The Year International.
Connect with Tracey
Tracey's New Projects
- Co-authoring an international home staging coffee table book. My topic is Colour Psychology for homes for sale. Due out mid-year.
- Starting a webinar series for home sellers based on the eCLASS System.
- Collaborating with Bobbie McGrath from Successful Staging. We are training Australian home stagers and real estate agents on how to use home staging for business success.www.presentationsells.com
If you want to help & support the show, there are 3 ways:
- Leave a review and ratings in iTunes
- Share the show on social media!
- Donate to support the hosting costs for the website and the podcast. You can make a donation through the show notes or on the sidebar of our site.
LISTEN TO TODAY'S SHOW
If you want to support the show and keep it going, you can do so by leaving a review and rating on iTunes, that will help other people to find our show. If you find the podcast helpful to your home sale and would like to donate a few bucks to help with the hosting of the show, there’s now a donation button on the blog sidebar to your right, you can donate $5 or more to help with costs associated with the show.