Creating Organization & Systems for Your Sale with Professional Organizer Virginia Maddan
The process of selling a home can be overwhelming and daunting. On today’s show, I interview Virginia Maddan, who is an expert on organizing homes and offices that save her clients hundred and thousands of dollars and hours. On the show, we talk about preparing your home for sale, breaking down projects, common time management mistakes and tips on organizing.
If you have any suggestions for the future guest for the show, please leave a comment here. I’d love to hear from you! If you like the show, please leave a review on iTunes, Stitcher or Soundcloud. This will help me improve, help others find the show and help me bring on more amazing guests.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT VIRGINIA
Virginia Maddan is an efficiency expert helping entrepreneurs and small business owners put thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours back into their schedules every year.
She’s able to see the places in your business where you’re literally leaking time, energy, and money and quickly and efficiently solve those problems. She’s supported executives at some of the top technology firms in the Bay Area.
TOPICS DISCUSSED ON TODAY’S SHOW
PREPARING YOUR HOME TO SELL
- Create a bird’s eye view to start
- Move on big projects first
- Use a management system you would use naturally – paper & pen, sticky notes, Asana, Evernote
COMMON TIME MANAGEMENT MISTAKES
- Failure to build in buffer time
- Expecting the best case scenario
- Failure to be happy with progress v. perfection
TIPS FOR ORGANIZING CLUTTER
- Start the organizing project before you buy the tools
- Use blue painter’s tape to mark off spaces
- Reduce additional steps by using open baskets and bins
- Choose organizing products that are easy to use
PROCESS TO PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Define the project and get to the root of the problem
- Address the actual cause of the problem
- Create a solution based on your habits
- Make your organization system fit you
If you want to help & support the show, there are 3 ways:
- Leave a review and ratings in iTunes
- Share the show on social media!
- Donate to support the hosting costs for the website and the podcast. You can make a donation through the show notes or on the sidebar of our site.
LISTEN TO TODAY'S SHOW
If you want to support the show and keep it going, you can do so by leaving a review and rating on iTunes, that will help other people to find our show. If you find the podcast helpful to your home sale and would like to donate a few bucks to help with the hosting of the show, there’s now a donation button on the blog sidebar to your right, you can donate $5 or more to help with costs associated with the show.